Sunday, March 5, 2017

I just really like this picture.... with Sister Engebretsen, on exchanges.

Feb 19 at 9:11 PM

Already 3/4 of the way through training. That is so weird.

So, there are some things that I need to get off my chest: WE GET TO SEE ELDER HOLLAND THIS WEEKEND AND I'M SO EXCITED. I can't even. I can, but I can't. He's coming for the weekend, basically, and will be doing a missionary conference, combined with the Seoul South mission, then several broadcasts and meetings throughout Saturday and Sunday for all the members in Korea. I know you shouldn't pick favorites, but I think that Elder Bednar and Elder Holland are a couple of my favorites. ๐Ÿ˜… So that's happening.

This past week was pretty busy! Visiting members' houses, active and less-active; meeting new investigators; zone conference (which will happen every transfer now, which apparently didn't used to happen, but now it will); our investigator's birthday; Valentine's Day... It's been a good week.

People Who Read This Blog, I need to explain Korean Valentine's Day to you, because it makes me happy. On Valentine's Day, February 14, all the girlfriends buy all their boyfriends chocolate. On White Day, March 14, all the boyfriends buy their girlfriends candy. On Black Day, April 14, all the single people meet up with their friends and eat ์ž์งฑ๋ฉด, a noodle dish with black sauce. I don't know why that tickles me so much, but it does. For sure will be celebrating Black Day. Actually, I'd be down to celebrate Black Day any day, because ์ž์งฑ๋ฉด is one of the best things that's ever happned to me. I don't know why I ever turned it down.

We got to play dodgeball, and it was so much fun! The less-active Young Women who came were a little freaked out, because the Elders can throw those wimpy little beach ball things pretty hard, but it was real fun. However, as a result, weird parts of my body are sore. Like my left hip and obliques. How does that even happen? I have no idea, but it definitely did. Just a good reminder to work out a little more diligently in the mornings, I guess. (I did run up and down the stairs one morning, so that was fun. ^_^)

I have accomplished a life-long dream today! I finished an entire tube of chapstick! Never in my life have I done that, and I'm quite proud. (Actually, I knew it was getting down to the last few millimeters, and I pulled it out to use it this morning, but when I pulled the cap off, the little moving part that actually holds the chapstick fell out, chapstick side down. So teeeechnically I didn't use it all, but that doesn't matter! I now have an empty chapstick tube because I used the chapstick and that's all that matters!)

I've been working harder to make study times more effective. I really love it when I get to just sit and read my scriptures, or a General Conference talk. There is something so comforting about the words of the prophets, ์˜›๋‚  and ํ˜„๋Œ€ (ancient and modern). If you haven't read anything like that in a while, I suggest you do. They know what they're talking about. This transfer, our zone has made a goal to ponderize! More specifically, to ponderize the Doctrine of Jesus Christ found in 2 Nephi 31, 3 Nephi 11, and 3 Nephi 27. This week we're working on 3 Nephi 11, and the verse I chose is verse 15.

"And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come."

Can you imagine that? Here is this big group of people: they've just experienced some traumatic things due to the signs of Christ's death (earthquakes and storms and whatnot), and then they hear this voice. They can't really make out what it's saying, but after a couple times they really start paying attention, and then they hear our Father in Heaven bear witness of Christ. And then this Man, dressed in glorious white robe comes down from the sky and tells them this wonderful news: that He is Jesus Christ of whom the prophets testified; that He died for the worlds sins. In short, that He fulfilled His purpose and that He loves them. But He doesn't just want the people to take His word for it: He invites them to come feel the prints in His hands and feet, in His side, and they get to, one by one. How amazing! There were a lot of people there. I don't know how long it took, but every single one of them was able to feel and see and bear witness of our Savior's sacrifice. How patient, and how loving did Christ have to be for every single person to come forward and feel and see. What did He say to each of them? For how long would He have had to have been smiling? (English is lovely, isn't it?)

And the scriptures don't mention anyone turning away. No Nephite there said, "Heh, there's no way that's my Redeemer." "I have more important things to do." "I need to finish weaving this basket right now. No time to appreciate the sacrifice that has been made for me."

He's not here right now, but He still invites us to come unto Him. We can know Him as individually as those ancient Nephites knew Him. He doesn't want us to turn away, and our basket-weaving can wait.

It's a good day to be alive. There are so many good things out there to do! Read your scriptures! Say a prayer! Help your neighbor! Make someone treats (that is always a valid option) and write them a love note! Smile at someone! Exercise! We are sons and daughters of a Heavenly King; let's start living up to our potential. ^ ^

I love you all! Have a good week!

Love,

์ „ ์ž๋งค

Sister Chun
I am a giant human being!

Trying to make her look taller!

No comments:

Post a Comment