Sunday, September 3, 2017

Exchanges with Sister Yoo!
6.6 Blog letter
·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Aug 20 at 6:36 PM

Holy cow, last week of the transfer. I think I say this every time, but that is crazy. What makes it even more crazy is that my companion will be going home next week. That is unreal. But she's doing great! Giving her all on her last week (just more than usual, I think).

We went on exchanges with the SokCho Sisters this past week. I actually took a picture with Sister Yoo this time (I forgot to do that last exchange, so I was sure to do it this time). She is a Korean from Korea and she's really good at Korean, so that was a fun day. I think she might have been a little wierded out by all the things about Korean that I asked her, but I had the opportunity, so I thought I would take it. 

Yesterday was really fun. We watched a Korea-wide broadcast for church and our usual after-church meal was cancelled. Most every one went home except Sister Choi and the Elders' investigator Andrew. Sister Choi had brought the stuff to make a meal, so we just went ahead and had a mini 식사 with the seven of us. Kimchi Jjigae. SO DELICIOUS. So fast, can feed a lot of people, and so good. I did not eat dinner last night, because I was still full. *fist pump*

Other than that it was a pretty quiet week. 식사 with a member, a lot of walking, a lot of talking, a lot of loving... You know, missionary work as usual. 

Brothers and Sisters I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to serve here in Korea. I can see some of the blessings that I've already received; I don't know that I can imagine all the blessings that I'll be receiving for the rest of my life. 

I love you all! Have a good week! Be safe and have fun!

Love,

Sister Chun

식사 with the Branch President's wife.
Oh my gosh, it's no wonder that I'm gaining weight on my mission.
This food is so dang delicious.

삼겹살! Basically the thicker, Korean version of bacon. Dip it in a little Sesame oil (with a little bit of salt in there) and it's mind-blowingly delicious.

Branch President's oldest daughter 최은지s.
She teases her younger sister mercilessly, this little punk.

Our mini 식사 (lunch)

Sister Choi was the master-mind behind the Kimchi Jjigae.

Egg wash tofu, fried.

Our ghetto lid, because there wasn't one that fit the pot perfectly...

This is Franklin. Those rain boots are definitely his. He wears them very stylishly.


My mom teaching kids in Olathe with Sister Eraso and Sister Zarate! Yay, missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment