Sunday, November 27, 2016

Nov 23 at 12:47 PM

Hey everyone!


Well, things are happening. The latest news is that one of my companions and I have been asked to help lead the service project that we'll be doing MTC-wide tomorrow. We'll be assembling over 350,000 meals, and I'm super excited! Hurray for service! 

I just want to share with you something I came across in personal study the other day: 

Ether 12:41 "And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen."

There are several things that I love about this verse. First, I looked up the definition of grace in a 1828 dictionary, and here's what it came up with: "free, unmerited love and favor of God, the spring and source of all the benefits men receive of him; divine influence or the influence of the spirit in renewing the heart and refraining from sin". We also understand grace to be the enabling power of the Atonement (see pretty much every Bednar talk on the subject; but actually, do, because they're amazing). The other thing with grace is that the speaker wants it to be in us and abide in us forever. The word "abide" seems like grace will be with us, but the interesting idea of grace being in us... As we strive to be more like Christ, He will give us strength to be His hands. I'm very grateful that's a thing, because we at the MTC for sure wouldn't be able to do His work without His help. 

Love you all!


Sister Chun 

No comments:

Post a Comment