Thursday, November 10, 2016


Sisters Chun, Gottfredson, Wright; Elders Huillet, Edwards, Jarman, Driggs, Horne
Elders Martinez, Gilmore, and Boden



Photogenic, yes?



Elder Edwards

Nov 9 at 12:46 PM
Dear everyone, 

The MTC schedule is messing with my head. Technically we're on week 5, but today marks 4 weeks that we've been here (week 1 was the last half of the week)... yeah. Don't over think it, you'll get a headache. ;P

I don't have much to report, since my day to day schedule is pretty much the same. If we had time I would give you a blow by blow of all the funny things that happened during the day, but... you'd have had to have been there. (English is the worst. I'm just trying to imagine how that would conjugate into Korean... O.o) My district has made it a goal to be on time to things, and since we spend most of the day in the classroom, that goal includes being on time to the classroom. Our motivation for being on time is that the door will close at exactly the time we need to be there, and anyone who comes after that must knock, and then translate an English sentence into Korean. I must say, it's been pretty good motivation. Luckily my companions and I have only had to do it once so far; hopefully it stays that way. 

It seems that every week I spend here at the MTC, a theme of spiritual-ness tends to become prevalent. This week the theme for me was optimism. The speaker at last night's devotional, Sister Jones (who is the Primary General President) summed it up perfectly, but I'll have to paraphrase: We can't be gloomy if we've really recognized and accepted what our Savior did for us. And how could we be? That's my goal for the week, and for the rest of my mission. 

I don't know much, but I do know that when I talk about the gospel, when I learn about the gospel, when I think about the gospel, I feel really happy. 

Love you all!

Love, 
Sister Chun

PS - I met someone from Olathe 2nd ward on Monday, and I'm pretty sure he's Leah Bluhm's brother... 


No comments:

Post a Comment