Sunday, November 26, 2017

This flower is giant and beautiful, so I took a picture of it. ^_^

Exploring the other city in our area, Samcheok. There was a big river!


SISTER CHUN SHOULD NEVER BAKE ANYTHING

We've kind of been living off of ramen for a few days, so we decided to eat
some _real food_ at the kimbap heaven
(which basically just has a huge spread of the all the basic Korean foods).
We definitely downed all this food!


Re: 7.4 Weekly Letter3

·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Sep 17 at 6:18 PM

Hurray missionary work! ㅎㅎ It's actually maybe a little slower right now than it could be, but that's okay! We keep working, keep walking, keep talking, keep teaching, keep studying... Yeah, yeah. It's good. 

This past week we had another exchange! And 바보 Sister Chun definitely forgot to take a picture! 

I dyed my hair. I don't think I regret it... But I have yet to get a really good picture of it. I'll work on that. 

I've been reflecting a good deal about all the people that I've already met on my mission. I've met a lot of really good people here in Korea. All the missionaries that I've had the privilege to work with, especially my beautiful companions; all the members; the investigators; the recent converts; and even just regulars at English Class. 진짜 a pleasure to know them all. And how grateful am I that I decided to serve a mission! I'm so grateful that the Lord saw fit to send me to Korea, and let me serve in DongDaeMun and DongHae. 

I've also been thinking a little bit about the Godly attribute of mercy. I don't know about you, but for most of my life, whenever I've heard people talk about God being merciful, I've been a little confused. "His mercy comes into play when we're standing in front of Him making an accounting of our lives, right?" But it occurred to me the other day that His mercy is perfectly intertwined with His love, made manifest through His atoning sacrifice for us. His mercy, at least for me right now, is manifest in blessings that I don't necessarily feel that I deserve (i.e. all the people in my life). How grateful I am for those blessings! I hope that I can continue to strive to be worthy of them.

In other news, I'm fan-girling about General Conference talks right now. I love them so much. I was feeling a little regretful the other day that I didn't pay better attention to General Conference when I was younger, but I was actually a little surprised at how many of the talks seem familiar to me, so I guess I'm not totally hopeless. :) 


I love you all! I hope you have a good week! 화이팅!

Love,

Sister Chun

You can kind of see my hair in this picture. Basically I'm a red-head.
Not sure if I pull it off, but it just sort of turned out like that.
The color fades pretty fast, though...

Happy Honduras Independence Day! Sister Castro was so excited about that holiday,
so we celebrated a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment