Sunday, November 26, 2017

7.5 Weekly letter

       Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Sep 24 at 5:36 PM
A Beautiful day walking with my companion! I laugh so much when I'm with this woman because not only am I already super happy to be around her, but she is SO hilarious. 
We were standing in the middle of this giant river thing._)
We walked along these cool stone things.
I think this area is potentially a river, but, as you can see, there be not water.
This was just hanging out in the water...

Zone activity to celebrate District Conference! 

This bus was so full of missionaries, it was ridiculous.
Elder Gilmore made the comment that he had never been in such a bus. 

·         
Good autumn, world! How dost thou fare? 

Well, I think probably the most interesting thing that happened this past week was that we had District Conference (stake conference equivalent). So much fun! And, of course, delicious food, both physically and spiritually. A member of the Seventy visited (I am so sorry that I didn't quite catch his name... I'm working on that), and he gave some really good talks. The missionaries sang "The Spirit of God" for a special musical number at the adult session, so that was pretty fun. 

Yesterday was a little long because we had a 식사 and then immediately following there was an hour and a half training on how to use social media to "open [our] mouth[s]" and do missionary work. Really cool, really fun. I guess I've sort of forgotten what smartphones are like (because the missionary phone is literally a grandma phone, and that is absolutely not an exaggeration; in fact, I've seen grandmas with nicer phones than we have...), but, man, 여러분, the internet is an amazing thing. The Sister giving the presentation made a really interesting point: If we spend 10 minutes using technology, if we give 1 of those minutes to doing the Lord's work, we would be super honest tithe payers. :) But when you think about it, how much time do you spend on your phone just sort of doing whatever? If you took a few of those minutes to click on a Latter-Day Saint blog or something church sponsored, those sites become more popular, and when full-time missionaries' potential and current investigators google "Mormons", the top finds will be not anti-Mormon things. I guess that's my challenge to you: google things like "Mormons", "The Book of Mormon", "LDS", and then find and click on LDS stuff. The more that happens, the more Google will register that those are popular hits, and the more likely it will be that potential investigators will find good stuff about the Church. 

The other thing that was impressed upon me this week was the importance of the Book of Mormon. I'm so grateful for that book! I've finished pretty recently (wait, it might have been this week, but I don't really remember), and I started it over, no problem. So amazing how many different things you can get out of just one book. 

Okay, I love you all! I hope you have a good week! Go out and be the missionaries I know you can be! ^_^

Love,

Sister Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment