Sunday, November 12, 2017

Mini exchanges while waiting for our companions to arrive from Seoul.



Anna and Sister Calda.
We were on a cool beacon-thingy (1)

































  • Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
    To:Beth
    Sep 3 at 7:45 PM
    Wow! The beginning of a new transfer! I just want you to know, this transfer is going to be crazy. There's going to be exchanges every week (considerably a bigger deal out here in the country since we all live 1-2 hours away from each other), zone conferences, finding new investigators, and hopefully helping other investigators to move toward baptism and 끝까지 견딤! Basically, it's going to be a little hectic, and SUPER fun. 

    My new companion is a beautiful Honduran angel named Sister Castro Espinal. She just goes by Sister Castro, and I think she has the same conversation with every single person she meets:
    "My name is Sister Castro" 
    "Cast?" 
    "No, Castro. I'm from Honduras." 
    *short pause while they try to make sense of the Konglish and then realize that they don't actually know where Honduras is* 
    Then, "Do you know Mexico? It's-- [below Mexico]"
    "Ah!! Mexico! 네! Wow, Mexico!"

    It's very entertaining. Slightly frustrating, though totally understandable. I'm going to learn the word for Central America really well this transfer, I think. Regardless, Sister Castro is awesome, and she's going to make this transfer really fun. :) 

    This past week was basically just a lot of eating. We had four or five invitations to eat from members just the first couple of days alone, to see Sister Calda off, and one or two once Sister Castro was here. These members are the best! And they make really good food! 

    One of the dishes was made my 
  • Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
    To:Beth
    Sep 3 at 7:54 PM
    Sorry weird things happened. That's not the end of the letter....

    made by 변광수b (Byun Gwang Soo): Chicken feet. I want you to know that I ate the chicken feet. Well, I attempted to eat the chicken feet. I put one in my mouth and munched on it for a second, and then I remembered all the chickens that we had growing up and what they walk around in and I very quietly took it out of my mouth. You know, it's actually really good. What isn't bone is really flavorful, really yummy, but I guess my brain couldn't quite conquer all the memories of chickens. Also, working that hard to get all the bones out of a piece of food is not my favorite. 

    Something cool that happened this week: Sister Castro and I went to the beach to do our weekly planning (because, you know, it's there), and we ran in to a few of the branch members. We sat down together and ate snacks and talked; it was so much fun. I think it may just be a function of having not very many members in the branch, but I feel so much like I'm surrounded by family when I'm with the members. Of course, I don't always understand everything that's going on, because I don't speak Korean nearly as well as I want to, but then again sometimes Englishing is hard, too. :) 

    I'm so grateful to be here in Korea. There are so many cool experiences and amazing people and so much good food; sometimes it's hard, and sometimes I have to grit my teeth and do things that I don't really want to do (looking at you, roleplays), but I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and His wonderful Son Jesus Christ. I feel so happy when I learn about Jesus. 

    I love you all! Hope you have a good week! 

    Love,

    Sister Chun
  • Morning of transfers. Sister Calda made the biggest transfer yet! 

    Playing piano at a member's house on Sister Calda's last day.

    She's basically a model...

    And then there's me ㅎㅎ

    Bigger than my head! 

    Ocean!

    This says _Walmart_

    We got so close to this water! 

    Sister Castro! Her first time eating 밥버거.

    Visit with the most recent convert. She is the cutest lady.
    And she couldn't really remember where Sister Calda was from.
    It'll be interesting to see if she can remember Honduras.
  • 김금순s fed us fruit. She always feels bad that she can't feed us all the banchan in the whole world,
    but the fruits are just as good! 
  • Amidst all the eating and packing, Sister Calda still found time to make us this delicious breakfast.
    Hurray for companions who cook!


No comments:

Post a Comment