Saturday, December 2, 2017

8.1 Weekly Letter

·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Oct 8 at 8:10 PM
We dyed our hair together. This will be the... fourth_... time this transfer,
because when it's P Day in DongHae, you dye your hair...

The Church is true, no matter where you go!

Staying at the office! Look at that sunrise in Seoul!

Outside of Ilsan building

Outdoor courtyard on the second floor of the building.
The children can run mad outside while the inside is still quiet... ㅎㅎ

Full gym inside!

This kitchen is so big and beautiful

They decorated the place!

Cute companion! We couldn't find anyone to take a picture of us together.ㅎㅎ

I couldn't get a good picture of the 추석 moon, so this waning gibbous will have to suffice...

Dinner on Conference Saturday. Sister Castro is from Honduras, which means that she is now always cold. We're already wearing all the layers in the whole world. 

We ate this 김밥 like savages before the other sisters joined us in the room we were staying in. So hilarious. ㅋㅋㅋ Good times, good times.

Watching General Conference! None of the Koreans came to the building to watch,
so we moved from the Clerk's office to the Chapel. 



Investigators? Members? (Leanne didn't say...)

This car is C3PO gold. Can we just take a moment to appreciate that_

We got these little stuffed animals from the claw game machine, and then we went to the ocean. It was a little chilly, but totally worth it. We're still thinking of names for them...

Holy Shmoly, I'm officially in my 8th transfer. My year mark as a missionary is in three days. That's crazy! Sister Castro and I are staying in DongHae, so that's also exciting. We decided to go celebrate a little bit with some Baskin Robbins ice cream, and then we realized that we had no money, so we went home. #nailedit

This past week was really fun! 추석! For the missionaries, this nation-wide 10 day holiday meant deep cleaning our house, P day on Wednesday, and going to Seoul for a conference, where we played games and ate food. It was marvelous. We got to see the new church building in Ilsan, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I think all churches have a special feeling about them, but this one is just... borderline temple. There may be pictures on the internet, if you want to check. I think my pictures don't quite do it justice. 

We also got to watch conference!! Woot woot! So. Good. I think I've decided to measure the passing of time in increments of 6 months. I now have the revelation for how to better live my life for the next 6 months! That just means that I take what I learned in General Conference and I go all missionary on it, and create goals and plans for the next 6 months, the next transfer, the next week, etc. Fun fun. Hehe That may sound a little facetious, but, really, I'm excited to put those plans into action and see how much I can progress. That's one of the things that amazes me about the gospel is that not only the things I do but the things I want change for the better, which is just one step closer to changing my very nature until I can feel comfortable enough in God's presence to live with Him. 좋겠어요!

Some of the things that stood out to me in General Conference: 

Pretty much all of Saturday was, at least to me, about using our talents and gifts to serve and bless the lives of those around us. I know that the leaders of the church are speaking to the general Church, but how fitting for the life of a missionary! Especially if I want to be a more consecrated missionary, dedicated everything I have--all my gifts, talents, and abilities--to serving the Lord is the way to go. Interesting the parallels between full-time missionaries and member missionaries...

All of Sunday just felt like the Lord telling me not to forget Him, and not only to not forget Him, but to refocus on Him by making a more conscious effort of follow Him, heeding the counsel of our living prophet, and refocusing in on the Book of Mormon. 

Basically this next transfer is going to be a blast (half of the Elders from my MTC district are going to be in Gangreung zone); we're going to learn a lot, work really hard, and have a lot of fun, all while feeling the Spirit and spreading the gospel.

I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week! 

Love,

Sister Chun

PS - The next time we watch General Conference will be a live broadcast in the States... 

PPS - We're have a 고기 파티 (Meat party) today, and I'm pretty stoked. It's supposed to take four hours, but it's 고기, and therefore worth it. 😬

No comments:

Post a Comment