Tuesday, February 20, 2018


11.1
·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Feb 11 at 8:46 PM

Wow. First day of the last transfer. It's sort of weird, because we've been in our area for a week now, but it definitely feels like longer: it's been a long week. 

Long, but good! So, I think I probably mentioned that we're going to be helping out with the Olympics. More specifically there's a Helping Hands Center right across from the big train station in the city where the Olympics is taking place, so we get to help a lot of confused foreigners find taxis and places to eat. Actually, we get to help confused foreigners and frustrated taxi drivers. It was kind of crazy, because right after the morning devotional on Friday (we were just about to say the closing prayer), the mayor of Gangreung comes in and thanks us for the work we're doing and encourages us to keep doing it, because they need our help. My companion Sister Cook also had kind of a fun experience: She got pulled over to the taxi loading place by one of the official Olympic volunteers and told to call all her "yellow friends" to come help. Haha Basically this week has just been one big confirmation that Heavenly Father not only knows His children, but He wants to help them, and He can make happen what He needs to have happen. It's good to know that He's on our side. 

Sister Cook speaks French, which is basically why we're here, and there have been a lot of encounters where her absence would have been felt. I just feel like I'm sort of along for the ride, but it's a fantastic ride, so I'll take it. :) 

I feel like I had so much to say, but now I can't think of anything. 😅 One thing Sister Cook and I keep saying is that this transfer is probably going to be the busiest, most miracle-filled transfer that we've ever had. Woohoo! Bring on the miracles. 

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here! Hopefully I can bring home some cool souvenirs. :) 

I love you all! I don't think I'll have time to get all the pictures up that I want to, but it's okay, I'll be able to show 'em to you in about a month and a half... O.o

Love,

Sister Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment