Sunday, February 25, 2018


11.3 Weekly Letter

Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Feb 25 at 8:02 PM

Oh my gosh! Time! Fast, but slow~! 

It's okay, we're having a good time in Sokcho. Actually, we spend a lot of time in Gangreung, so I'm not sure if we can even call ourselves the Sokcho sisters anymore... We did go knock on some doors in our area yesterday, so I guess we're slowly reclaiming our Sokcho Sister-ness. 

I just wanted to share really quickly about our day at church yesterday. The meetings were all fantastic (we gave a 20 minute class for the youth that actually didn't go terrible, so that was good), but I think the best part was the couple hours after church. We ate lunch together (such good homemade Korean food), and then all helped clean up, and then one of the members teaches piano lessons to a couple of the youth and some of the Primary kids, so while we were cleaning up there were fun piano things happening; then our exercise guru member had a great time showing a couple of the sisters some workouts. He was very enthusiastic, right down to when he told me that I need to work out. Several times. >.< It's okay, 형제님, I know. I'll work on that. Hahaha 

When we left to go knock on doors, I felt so... light. They're not my biological family, but they're my family, you know? I was expecting to feel crushing sadness, because in four weeks I won't be able to enjoy days like yesterday, but I didn't feel as sad as I thought I would, because immediately following that realization, the thought occurred to me that I would still be able to enjoy that feeling on Sundays, and other days, too, because I'm always going to have people around me whom I love and who love me. It was a comforting thought; even more comforting is that that feeling of family, even halfway around the world from my immediate family members, can extend to every single person in the world, because we're all part of God's family. Isn't that crazy? Crazy cool... :) 

I love you all! Let's love each other this week, shall we? 

Love,

Sister Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment