Tuesday, February 20, 2018


11.2 Weekly Letter
·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Feb 18 at 8:20 PM
We see this on our way out in the mornings... Hurray for the 15th floor in Sokcho!

Well, not much to report except that we were at the Helping Hands Center a lot this week. :) It was a combination of 설날 (Lunar new year, which is a big deal in Korea) and big games going on. SO many people there. Holy cow. It's busy, but it's fun! 

I don't know if I explained very well, but Sister Cook lived in France for a year, so her mission language is Korean, but because she speaks the French things she can communicate with other people who also speak the French things. It's very exciting. She got kissed on the cheeks by a French guy, so that was fun. :) 

I just speak English, and sometimes not even very well. I've come up with some new words (spontaneously created, and therefore not very well remembered) and had some really awkward moments ("groping" instead of "griping")... I've just decided to speak more Korean. Hopefully my brain will decide to be good at one or the other one of those two languages... #nailedit

I love serving with Sister Cook. She is a fun, funny, hard-working Sister whom I admire very much; I think we're going to learn a lot this transfer. 

Sorry there's not much to report. Or, rather, there's too much to report, so I guess I'll just give you a highlight: I also got kissed this week. I helped a couple of foreigners get going the right direction for the shuttle bus, so one of them took a picture with me and then shook my hand, and the other shook my hand and pulled it up for a little 뽀뽀 before he walked away. It was weird. Good thing I didn't have to slap him, 'cause that would have been problematic. hehe

Another highlight: I showed this girl through the Helping Hands Center, and she actually stopped to make an account on FamilySearch.org! It was really cool to be able to share about family history with her. Hopefully she keeps going on it!

Also, yesterday at church, all the talks and the subjects for the classes we taught were centered around service. That was pretty 신기하다. Hurray for the Spirit and personal revelation! 

I love you all! I hope you have a good week. 

Love,

Sister Chun
Put a bubbly mask on my face,
so I just thought I would recline in my 할머니 [halmoni - grandma] dress. 

Our faces were so soft.
[Me with Sister Cook, my French-speaking companion.]




My hair got long...
I'm not sure what this is supposed to be focusing on. Maybe the cute bandana_
Or possibly how super wavy my bang are... ㅎㅎ (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment