Monday, July 3, 2017

·    
          Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Jun 4 at 6:50 PM

Wow! Another transfer gone!

We got transfer calls on Saturday! As you all know I've been in DongDaeMun since I first came to Korea (call it my greenie area), and... I will be staying one more transfer in DongDaeMun. O.o Crazy, huh? Sister Boss will be transferring to Gyomun. ㅎㅎ We've literally been talking about me leaving basically this whole transfer; when we said goodbye to people at English class it was sort of with the viewpoint that I would be leaving. So that's kind of awkward. But it's okay.

Love this woman!

One more fan-girl session about Sister Boss.... SISTER BOSS IS QUITE POSSIBLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD. She is seriously the best, and I love her so much. We thought that she was going to be the next STL in Dongdaemun zone, and she is going to be STL, just in Dongdaemun Dong zone. Oh, she's going to be so great! I don't know if I've ever explained this, but usually all the Sisters in the zone go on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader once a transfer. That means that 5 lucky Sisters get to spend at least one day with Sister Boss. And she's such an old missionary! Only two transfers left! ㅠㅠ She's gonna kill it. :)

In other news, my new companion will be Sister Choi (최현경), my first Korean companion! I'm a little nervous, but I'm excited at the same time. This is the second time being area senior, so hopefully it'll go a little smoother this time. :)

I can't really think of anything else that happened this week, so I'll close with a little spiritual thought. The night before I reported to the MTC, I was staying at the Chunsters' house. Everyone was so excited for me, giving me advice about this and that. Not going to lie, it kind of went in one ear and out the other (cut me some slack, I think was mildly in shock), but there was one piece of advice given that I actually thought to write down in my journal, and I found it the other day as I was riffling through the pages. That night I had been sitting on the couch, feeling a little numb, and cousin Sami came and sat down next to me. He told me something along the lines of, "Aspects of the gospel that don't feel real to you now will come to feel real to you on your mission." And that is totally true. I've found that the more I study this gospel, the more I recognize the power that is present in my life because of it; the more important it becomes to me; the more I recognize the blessings that have been pouring into my life all along.  

This gospel is really important, especially the little things such as going to church every Sunday, accepting and serving in callings, and supporting, sustaining, and serving our ward family members in their callings and in their lives. I'm so grateful that I'm coming to realize for myself how much I need the gospel in my life.

I hope you all have a good week! Love you!

Love,

Sister Chun
We get to sing to this adorable old lady (and others) every week for service activity, and it's fantastic!

She tells the Korean words for ears, nose, and lips every week, 
but this week she wanted to make sure we knew where they were....

I've never heard her actually laugh until Elder Deher came. They're basically best friends.

Elder Deher ate really spicy ramen. I admire him. 
And also want to eat that ramen. But I don't want to be sad....

English class regular attendees! Love these people so much!

Jasmine gave us delicious tea! (Really good as a cold-ade type thing)

Roses in Korea. 'Nuff said.


1 comment: