Sunday, July 2, 2017

May 14 at 7:57 PM

Half-way finished with my fourth transfer! That's crazy!

Hurray for Mother's Day! I was able to Skype with my family, and they are fantastic, as usual. :) That was kind of a crazy day. Crazy but good. I like being busy. Happy Mothers' Day to all the beautiful women in my life! I love you! Thank you for your spirits and your examples. :)

You know, I don't know that there's anything very interesting about our week that I can write. I think if I wasn't so thrilled to be out here, I would not be super thrilled to be out here. When I look back on my planners, a lot of the days look really similar, if I'm being honest. But! Each day brings new experiences, new things to appreciate about life, new people to meet. So yes, similar activities, but not the same, which means it's always fun.

This past week I re-read 1 Nephi 3-5. Holy cow is Nephi a 멋있는 남자. As I read, I was focusing on the relationship between faith and obedience. I think for a lot of things (maybe most things), Heavenly Father asks us to do and promises blessings, but we don't receive blessings (or don't recognize them as abundantly) until we do what Heavenly Father has asked. I don't know why He works like that. Sometimes I wish He didn't. There are definitely days when I've wished that He would just tell me, "You're going to receive this blessing on this day, and all you need to do is this." If I knew about blessings like that, I would be more than happy to do what He asks. I could move forward with more confidence because it would seem more concrete, the blessings that I would receive. And you know, there are some commandments for which you can do that, where you can see the immediate blessings (i.e. The Word of Wisdom. We know from modern scientifical things that smoking and drinking is not good for you. Hurray for revelation!). With other commandments--most other commandments, I think--the blessings are a little more difficult to recognize. That's where faith comes in. More specifically, faith in the promises that He's given us, as vague as they may sometimes seem. When we have faith in those promises, it seems a little easier to act, I think. And then, when we act in faith, we see the blessings! Our faith gets... fulfilled? I don't know if that's the right word to use. The other phrase I think of is "evidence of faith". Receiving promised blessings, to me, is just evidence of our faith.

I think because we're humans, we need to continue to experience exercising faith and seeing the promised blessings fulfilled. I know that as we do that, we will enjoy the blessing that Heavenly Father wants to rain down on us more fully.

(Side note: I wonder if "receiving promised blessings" is just us being able to better recognize all the ways that He's already blessing us...)

I love you all! I hope you have a good week!

Love,


Sister Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment