Monday, January 8, 2018

8.6 Weekly Letter
With one of our favorites, Franklin!
ㅎㅎ We're charming, I know.

·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Nov 12, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Holy cow, last week of my eighth transfer. Things are happening fast! ㅠㅠ But that's good. Weird, but good.

We were able to go on exchanges this week with the Taebek Sisters, and that was fun. Sister Chun is a 바보 and forgot to take pictures, but I got to go to Taebek with Sister Hansen. She's 5 weeks out of the MTC and she's super awesome! I kind of forgot what greenies are like... It was cool to spend time with her. Further proof that the Gift of Tongues is real. ㅎㅎ But she'll get the language really well, I'm sure. 

It was cold in Taebek. Holy cow. Up there in those mountains... Good stuff. I like living at sea level. :)

You know, I think there are less and less interesting things to tell you all... Or, at least, they seem less interesting to me. Funny, how much you can adapt to your surroundings? 

I love reading the Book of Mormon. We've been reading from the beginning as a mission and it's fantastic! I encourage all of you to do the same, keeping in mind all the cool things you can learn each time you read. We're getting to the end of Mosiah, which is one of my favorite books. King Benjamin's sermon and Alma's conversion are some the highlights for me. The Lord can help us change our hearts, or even just change them for us (because sometimes we need something outside of us to push us in the right direction). 

This being the last week of the transfer, we will receive transfer calls on Saturday. Sister Castro and I are not looking forward to that. It has seriously been SO much fun to be in Donghae with that beautiful woman. We were out street contacting one day and we said hi to a Jehovah's Witness. She was really good at street contacting to, and we got to walk away with a name card and a couple of pamphlets including what titled "Do angels exist?". She was one of the kinder ones, and I appreciate her concern for the two little 외국인's that she pities because she thinks they don't know the Bible well enough to get to heaven, but, if you can't tell from the frustration that I'm barely keeping back right now, I did not appreciate that interaction. As we walked away, I was expressing my frustration and anger to Sister Castro. I went on and on about how I wish I had the language to just tell that woman every single thing that she doesn't have right, or the boldness to give her a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet about the Restoration. Sister Castro listened to my rant very patiently, and then proceeded to lovingly correct me. I learned a great deal during that conversation; but I learned especially that my companion is super wise, loving, and she has an understanding of the gospel and our Savior that I want to strive for. We hope we stay together one more! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a good week! Send me pictures of your Thanksgiving preparations. That's not really a thing in Korea (at least, not the November one where you eat a turkey), so I'll have to live vicariously through you this year. I'll just content myself with sweet potatoes and 삼겹살. :) 

Love,

We ate the 고기's with this cute family!

The squid was really good, but can we just take a second to appreciate that meat_

Ice cream with chopsticks. Because they don't use spoons in Korea. ㅎㅎ

He really didn't want to pose,
but he did grace the camera with this. Thank you, 최지영b. 

He didn't want to pose for a picture, so his daughter helped him.

That may or may not be green tea...



The church in Taebek is literally right next to the Jehovah Witness church...

The church building in Taebek!

Things happened, and this is our ghetto patch up job. But it's getting fixed tomorrow!

She was pretty happy about this seating arrangement.

I taught her how to turn on the heater in the church.

She was so excited for us to eat the kimchi she made.

November 11 is Pepero day! I found out that you're supposed to give Pepero to the ones you love, but I definitely just bought some for myself. Hey, I ate with the people I love... that counts, right_

Happy Pepero day!
Sister Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment