Sunday, January 14, 2018

10.3 Weekly letter
·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Jan 14 at 4:36 PM
I bought a mask for my face. It's so cold. 


Brothers and Sisters, it is cold in Seoul. But don't worry: I wear so many marshmallow layers, it's ridiculous. 

Before I forget, I think I should warn you all that we are now allowed to use Facebook. We haven't gotten any training on it yet, so we're not supposed to make posts and whatnot, but if you were already friends with me on facebook and you got another request from me, don't feel sketchy. It's me! The picture is me with long-ish, chococlatey brown hair, white shirt, nametag. Be my friend!  :) 

As I mentioned above, this past week was I think one of the coldest ones of the season (or so I heard). Anywhere from -12 to -15 Celsius? Yeah... my companions and I finally understand the meaning of "painfully cold" and "biting wind". It literally feels like it's raking your skin with a fire rake. #myfavorite

So this past week we did as much missionary work from inside as possible, but, you know, there's no better way to help the people than to go out and help them! Unless they don't want our help, then it gets a little awkward and we have to move on... 

On Saturday we were able to have an activity night on Saturday with the youth. They were already gathered to make donuts and fried chicken, so once they prepared all the food, only a couple people were needed to cook, so we played volleyball with the rest of them. A recent convert came, so it was fun to be able to see her get along with the members her age (she's almost a beehive). 

For this transfer, our mission has a training plan, the center of which is the doctrine of the nature of God and man. I've been reflecting a lot about that topic as I've been studying the Book of Mormon and the book of Moses in the Pearl of Great Price. I think it's sort of starting to occur to me how amazing God is. Moses had to be transfigured in order to withstand God's glory, and we learn that Moses saw more than could be comprehended in the vision that God showed him. God is so far above us, and yet, all He wants is for us to succeed. In fact, everything He does in His power and glory is for our benefit, for us to achieve what He ultimately wants for us: immortality and eternal life. It's kind of cool to think that we have the most powerful Being in the universe on our side, cheering us on and helping us along. 

Of course, sometimes it doesn't always feel like that, that He's right next to us holding us up and cheering us on. But when we feel like that, if we can just muster enough faith to keep going and hold on to Him, He'll show us just how much it was worth it. 

I'm so grateful for this chance to come to know my Savior and my Heavenly Father. You know, when I really think about it, a lot of my understanding of God has come from just studying the scriptures, including pondering and praying about those scriptures. Of course, having to practice the principles I learn from study is the best way to learn, but even just reading the Book of Mormon every day I learn so much. I feel better. I want to do and be better, and I feel motivated to do so. Hurray for the Book of Mormon! If you've never read that book, I invite you do so. I can honestly say it will bless your life in ways you didn't think it could.

I love you all! I hope you have a good week! 

Love,

Sister Chun

Wow! Another #LightTheWorld poster in the subway!
We had fun trying to get people to take pictures with that facebook board.
But mostly we just thought it made us look like walking mugshots...
This picture doesn't quite capture the monstrosity of a house that is behind me. It was so big. 
Sister Kim drew this beautiful man. I told her it was her future husband.
She erased it very soon after. 
_Tongue cleaner_. It's okay, Korea, we know what you meant.
We told Sister Kim to buy this book to study English, and I regret it. I went through and corrected some of the book and I'm pretty sure every single page had something to fix. Haha Nailed, Korea. 
I think everything is okay as far as grammar goes, but whoever wrote this was either running out of ideas or just a terrible friend...


Friends and fellow purveyors of the Good News......

No comments:

Post a Comment