Sunday, January 14, 2018

Re: 10.1

·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>

To:Beth
Dec 31 at 4:15 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I don't blame the lack of emails in my inbox: party on. 🎉

We had transfer calls. ㅜㅜ The result is that I will be staying in SinDang and Sister Choi will be moving a little bit north to DoBong area with Sister Butler. We've heard a lot of good things about that area, so I'm excited for her to go there. And Sister Choi's new companion is super awesome, so they're going to work the Lord's miracles in DoBong. My new companion's name is 이세인s (Lee Seh Een). I'm not sure who she is, but I've heard a lot of good things about her. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures for next week, since she'll get here on Wednesday. 

How are all of your New Year's resolutions going? Did you make them? Are you committed to them? ㅎㅎ You got this. I am still in the process of thinking of New Year's Resolutions. In missionary terms they're called "goals". 🙃 Thinking of goals for the year is sort of weird because part of the year I will still be in Korea being a missionary; it' s a little weird to think about goals for the time after that... I'll let you know how that goes. Probably we'll all know sometime in April. 

To be continued...

In other news, the work goes on! This transfer is going to be really fun, BECAUSE THE OLYMPICS ARE IN KOREA THIS YEAR!!! Not going to lie, I'm a little bummed out that I'm not in GangWonDoh for this transfer, but Seoul will have things going on, too, I'm sure. 

Today is a busy P Day getting Sister Choi ready to leave on Wednesday: shopping, packing, cleaning, etc. Hopefully we don't forget anything...

I hope you all are planning to have a good year. Let's make it happen! Time goes by too fast to not plan for that. 

I love you all! Have a good week! 

Love,

Sister Chun

·        Happy new year!

Yahoo/Sent


  • Beth <chun_mom@yahoo.com>                                                                                        Dec 31 at 5:03 PM

    To: Leanne Chun
    Dec 31 at 5:03 PM

    Dear sister Chun!

    I am dictating this through my phone while speeding along I 80 toward Wendover Utah. Daddy and I have left California this morning. We were over there for Sami and Tammy's wedding. It was, of course, a gloriously Chun affair. Daddy will send pictures. We are going to turn off I 80 in a few miles and go north west up to, sorry, north east up to grandma Dani's house. We will spend New Year's evening with her, get up and do some work and help for her in the morning, and then get down to aunties house in the afternoon. We are going to eat the cook together hopefully with everybody. But we shall see. I hope you and sister JR are doing great! We love you so much. Excited that you are coming home on March 29, but hoping and praying for you to teach like the wind for the rest of your mission!

    I cannot re-read my text to check in and edit, so I hope Siri was kind.

    Love you so much!

    Mom

    Sent from my iPhone

       Beth <chun_mom@yahoo.com>
       We dictated our New Year's Eve email to Leanne as we sped over I-80 toward Utah from Sacramento, about 4:45 p.m., Pacific Time. I guess they got lost in Cyber Space, because she didn't receive them until January sometime. Here's my "so sad you didn't get an email on New Year's Eve" note.
To:Leanne Noelle Chun
Jan 4 at 9:49 AM

Dear Sister Chun,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Dad and I were speeding across the Nevada desert, between Reno and Elko when you were writing your email. We had already tried sending our email from our phone including photos of Sami and Tami's wedding, but it sounds like the mail did not go through. That is where a little foresight would have come in handy… We knew on, on Saturday, that we would be driving most of the day on Sunday. So we should've sent the letters on Saturday! But on Saturday, we were up to our elbows in wedding preparations, helping Andrea and her new in-laws set up and prepare for the wedding luncheon and reception, and then getting to the Sacramento Temple on time. I was the sous chef, helping Tami's mom, Linda, cut veggies, arrange trays, make salads, slice rolls, and all that stuff. Auntie Andrea was busy decorating the wedding cake. She stayed up late the night before Sami and Tami left to drive over to California so that she could finish the cake and freeze it before sending it with them in the morning. They took it on dry ice, and then when they arrived in California they put it in the freezer. On the appointed day, they pulled it from the freezer just in time for auntie to assemble it at the church and decorate it. It was quite a process. She made 24 cakes in all, because she will also decorate a cake for the Utah reception. What a busy lady! I love her and I learn so much from her.

On this trip, dad and I drove to Utah. I drove with grandma Danny up to Idaho and back. Dad and I drove to Sacramento and then from there up to grandma Danny's place and then down to Lacy's. We made multiple trips between Orem in Midvale. And then finally we drove back home to Kansas. We made that last drive in 15 hours exactly! Dad is a maniac - on one single can of monster energy drink he can drive six hours, take a three hour break (while I drive), and then drive three more hours. I drove the final stretch from Lincoln home.

We were very blessed in all our travels with clear and dry roads and beautiful weather. I really feel that Heavenly Father was helping and watching over us.

I am excited to see pictures of you and your new companion.  So this transfer means that you have one transfer left?

So fast.

Work really hard, talk all the Korean, and teach all the lovely little people as hard as you can! The time is so short.

So proud of your efforts and wonderful influence.

Love you so much!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment