Monday, January 8, 2018

9.4 Weekly

·        Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
        Dec 10, 2017 at 6:43 PM

This is my favorite Nativity set in the whole world. 

Merry Christmas! It's Christmas! ARE YOU EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS?!?!?! 

I bought some Christmas presents today for some of my 사랑하는 사람 here in Korea, and I feel so happy. Christmas: possibly the only time of year that spending money makes you happy. 

This past week was busy as ever! I went on exchanges to SinChon with Sister Hwang, which was so much fun. She is so hilarious, and we got to go carol to some members. We definitely wandered around a little bit, because the District Leader was a little confused, but we did find the correct houses, and it turned out good! 

We're preparing a play for our ward Christmas party. Hopefully we didn't bite off more than we can chew. As long as we can teach something about Jesus Christ, it'll be good. 

Our investigator is getting baptized this week! We're very excited for her.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been recognizing a growing appreciation for Church, for which I'm grateful. I think this may be the first time I've ever just been super happy to be at church, the first I've wanted to go early and sit and enjoy the prelude music, the first time that I've actually listened to the talks (of course, I have to listen really intently, otherwise I won't understand literally anything), but I'm finding that as I do that, I learn so much, and I come away from church really feeling like I can do better during the week; feeling like I'm decompressed and I'm ready for the new challenges that may come. I starting to understand why Heavenly Father wants us to keep the Sabbath day holy. 

I love you all! I hope you have a great week this week. Feel that Christmas spirit, especially as you follow the #LightTheWorld initiative. Following Christ is good stuff, I promise!

Love,

Sister Chun

Cool Nativity set at the Sonksen's Christmas open house
Sister Sonksen made gingerbread houses, and these are the AP snowmen outside. ㅎㅎ
This looked a little familiar. _) 예쁘죠_
신지후s. She went and bought us a cake, which the three of us sat and devoured together before we went to a dinner appointment. _) 
This cake, though. So delicious. 
Sister Choi's birthday dinner with our investigator Sister Sin and a less-active member (not pictured). SO delicious. These Koreans really know how to cook!
Birthday presents from a recent convert (whose birthday was right before mine).

It snowed! But this just means that the ground is super icy... _ㅡ_

They made all the stars in the whole world!

Renewing the foreigner card! It was good to see some of my 동기 there (Elder Gilmore and Elder Boren were not paying attention, so we gave up trying to get a picture with them).

Donuts after district meeting! The senior couple who gave them to us were supposed to go to the office for their district meeting, but they accidentally came to ours, so they left the donuts
(intended for the other district)!
Yum!
 
Our less-active told us to go eat chicken.
You know missionaries_ Obedience is the first law of heaven. ㅎㅎ


I was a little blown away by this giant escalator...

No comments:

Post a Comment