Monday, January 8, 2018

9.3 Weekly Letter

·        Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:36 PM

Man, time is weird on a mission. I know I say this a lot, but this is definitely not the last time I will be reiterating that fact. The time is 진짜 flying by! I guess that's work in busy SinDang.

This past week... Oh my. Buckle up.

Monday we did KimJang, which is a several hour event that involves a ton of people making kimchi! It was nice to be scolded by a little Korean grandma for not doing it correctly. ㅎㅎ She did tell me by the end that I was doing it well, but she was also complaining to the people in charge about the foreigners who didn't really know what they were doing. :) ㅋㅋ But it was okay. We got to eat a ton of kimchi, so that was definitely a plus. And they fed us lunch. :)

Tuesday was P day, so we spent the morning in the hair salon. Sister Choi's hair is super cute: She cut off quite a bit. I just went for a simple little trim. It must be long!! :)

Wednesday we met with a lovely little family who we've just started to teach. The mom is so beautiful and her kids are so cute! I'll keep you updated on that.

Thursday we had appointments all day, so that was really nice. We were treated to lunch (samgyupsal), and it was delicious. Hurray for the beautiful people that feed us!

Friday was a recent convert's birthday, so we ran and took her a super ghetto birthday present. We just threw a bunch of bread and treats in a bag, along with a pair of gloves and some heat packs. ㅋㅋ #missionarylife We think she liked it. Actually, she called us right after we left because she thought the gloves we gave her were ours that we forgot in the bag, so... that's how ghetto it was.

Saturday evening we had a big #LightTheWorld event at which our district performed a special musical number. It was nice, but I'm SO loud. Working on that. The event was a combination of fireside/music night and taking pictures with a bunch of people holding candles, with a big banner in the middle. I'm making that sound way less sophisticated that it was... Bottom line, it was really fun. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but they probably turned out well... Since it was my birthday and Sister Choi's was on Sunday, we bought a tiny cheesecake from the bread shop and, since we're cheapskates, just a "2" candle (she turned 20 and I turned 21). We definitely lit it with our stove. Happy birthday!

Sunday we were invited to dinner with some members of the English-speaking YounddungPo branch. They go to church in the Seoul South mission, but most of them are living and working on the base in our mission, so we get the 식사 invitations! xP We were able to bring our investigator and she invited her younger sister. It was super fun: The Howletts are awesome. The food was delicious and the company delightful. It's a little sad because they're leaving in a couple weeks, since Brother Howlett's next post is in Africa, but it was a privilege to meet them. Who knows, we may see each other again. :)

All-in-all it was a fantastic week. There are a lot of things that I need to improve, but I'm working on it. I think that's one reason why I love the gospel so much. Even when you realize just how far from your goal that you are, there is still hope and light, because you get to keep moving forward, keep working, keep improving. It's comforting to know that we have a Heavenly Father cheering us on.

I love you all! Thank you for the birthday wishes. Hope you have a good week!

Love,

Sister Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment