Monday, January 8, 2018

9.1 Weekly Letter


      Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>

Nov 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM

Found another little beach site!
Since neither of us have boyfriends...
   

Oh my, first week of the transfer. You know what that means! Transfer call 받았어요~ ㅠㅠ

Sister Castro will be staying in DongHae, and her new old companion will be Sister Gottfredson. They were companions right before Sister Castro came out to DongHae. Weird, right? But it'll be fun.

As for me, I will be transferring to SinDang! Not going to lie, that's a little scary, because I'll be in the same district as the AP's, but it'll be a good learning experience. I think I've really forgotten what missionary work in Seoul is like, so these next couple of weeks might be a little bit rough... I'll let you know next week how I'm settling in. 

I've already packed my last planner, which is what I rely on to know what we did last week, but from what I remember: Wednesday there was a little earthquake. We were sitting in District Meeting, and we felt the building shake a little bit. I thought it was just a really strong gust of wind, but then we all got little text warning thing that there had just been an earthquake. There were a couple of minutes of mini-freaking out, but we're okay! 

I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday about testimony. I'm sure I've already mentioned this a few times, but I am so grateful for my testimony. It's sort of weird, but it really does feel like a gift. 

I've also been thinking a little bit about what Heavenly Father means when He says He is merciful. That descriptor has always seemed sort of far away for me. I think I've always pictured it as Him being this big, mighty Being sitting on this huge golden throne, looking down at me and saying "Sister Chun, you didn't quite measure up, but I guess I'll give you a few extra points on your test, because I'm merciful." But as I've been praying, it's more like I feel I really don't deserve the gifts that He gives me, but He still gives them to me, abundantly. That's why the love of God is far more motivating than the fear of man. He gives us those gifts, and we say, "But, why? After all I've done--or haven't done--why would You give this to me?" And He says, "Because I love you. Now appreciate it and use it to do what I've asked you, so that I can give you more and you can feel like you're worthy of them, because it's not good for you to feel like you don't deserve my love." 

God is pretty great, huh?

I'm not sure how this happened, but we weren't really sure when Thanksgiving was, so we sort of already celebrated it on the 16th, but we also think it might be on the 23rd... I need to rephrase: All the Americans didn't know when Thanksgiving was, and the Honduran knew that it was on the 23rd. *sigh* Ah, well. There's nothing for it, we'll just have to re-celebrate it. :)

I love you all! Have a good week!

Love,

 Sister Chun

First day of boot weather.

We climbed up those stairs, and we regretted our decision.

View from the top of the stairs.

How picturesque is this little 할머니 farm!

Family farm.

We ate 고기 for lunch with some members. So delicious.
We need this contraption in our house, I think.

Look at this mandu. It is the best mandu in the whole world.

She's on a diet and thought she wasn't allowed to eat the mandu... 

Love these women so much!

Last district photo. Elder Huillet (the blond one) is going to Ilsan.

Our ghetto lunch.

Dat hot choco, doh.

That hot chocolate had so much foam on it. I was pretty excited about it.

Paco Pacano, the thumb luchador!

Xiao (King Mystery)

Meet Paco Pacano. He's from Mexico.

I promise we actually do missionary work, but sometimes we need to de-stress. 

Practice for the Primary program!
Pictured here is 신승철b, demonstrating the correct posture of a T-rex.

Left to right_ 김홍희b, 최윤지s, 김민상b, 신승철b, 최은지s, 김현미s (not pictured_ 김도윤b) practicing for the Primary Program next week. Sad I'm going to miss it!
김민상b is the MC. He was pretty happy.
I think these ear muffs might have been Elder Cable's...ㅋㅋ 

Mirror on the ceiling of Baskin Robbins.
We thought we looked pretty cool... _)



Cool lights on a bus.

Only girls on the bus...

No comments:

Post a Comment