Monday, January 8, 2018

9.2 Weekly Letter

·         Leanne Noelle Chun <leanne.chun@myldsmail.net>
Nov 26, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Holy. Cow. SinDang.

Well! Transfers have come and gone and we survived! I was able to ffit everything into two big suitcases and a carry-on, so that was good. Sister Castro was there to help, so that was nice.

AND SO SAD! I LOVE THAT WOMAN SO MUCH! ㅠㅠ

Sadness. 진짜 sadness.

Last hot chocolate with this lovely lady! I miss her so much!

Dat whip cream, doh.

But it's okay. We'll see each other again.

SinDang. SinDang is... busy. 역시 Seoul. Busy. The ffirst couple of days pretty much every appointment we had involved ffood... Needless to say we were dying a little bit. Serendipidous, though, since this past week was Thanksgiving.
 
Kimchi guksu with our investigator in SinDang. So delicious! Perfect for the cold weather.

Didn't realize how much I missed this building! 

I found Sister Arcilla's scriptures in SinDang house! ㅎㅎ 

I'm pretty sure we have one of these at home...

Oh! Thanksgiving! I'm sort of a 바보 and thought that Thanksgiving was the week before, but since it was on the 23rd, and I was in Sindang already, I was privileged to go a member's house on base and eat some good ol' American food with a bunch of people for Thanksgiving. That was fun. Maybe a little bit awkward (although that could just be me...) but it was fun. I don't want to sound ungrateful (because I was very grateful), but my family does Thanksgiving waaaaaay better. And more deliciously. ㅎㅎ I look forward to next year's feast. :)

 I've just been meeting people, going here and there. I'm back in Seoul, which means a lot of taking the subway. The problem with the subway is that I'm wearing all these winter layers, so when I get on the subway car stuffed full of people 딤이 진짜 많이 나요... I thought that was over with the end of summer, but I guess not. :P

My new companion is awesome! Her name is 최윤나s. She's from California, but her parents are both Korean, so she's already super great. She's only in her 3rd transfer, but she does a lot of the talking! ㅎㅎ I think people think I'm her greenie. That's okay; I've never really stopped feeling like a greenie, anyway. I think I'm going to learn a lot with Sister Choi; she's a really hard worker, and she's being patient with me as I remember how to do missionary work in Seoul.


My new companion, Sister Choi! We were on our way to the Thanksgiving dinner (sorry I didn't take pictures of the actual thing...)



Went back to DongDaeMun for a choir practice!
It was really exciting to be there.

Figuring out how we're all going to stand for our performance at Dong stake's music night.

Sacrament meeting yesterday was fantastic. There's a senior missionary couple leaving in a couple weeks to go home, so they were able to speak, and I learned a lot. One of the themes that sort of stood out to me was the idea of people's divine nature and potential. I think one of the worst things we could do as missionaries and just ordinary members is look at someone and assume from their appearance, their vocabulary, etc. that they can't change, that they would never make a good member of the church, that they would be totally out of place in the temple. We're all God's children; Christ suffered for you the same He suffered for me.

How thankful I am that He did! This Thanksgiving season I had a lot to be grateful for. I'm sorry I wasn't able to spend it with all of you, but that just means next year will be fantastic, because I'll have to eat twice as much food as I normally would. :) Let's make that a goal, shall we?

The other thing I'm pretty excited about is... CHRISTMAS!!!! Oh my gosh, it's Christmas. I hope you've all heard about the #LightTheWorld initiative that the Church is doing. I invite you all to take part! Can you imagine how much brighter the world will be when we all do what we can in our individual lives to light others' way? Service, smiles, hugs, unicorns that eat rainbows and poop butterflies... it's going to be fantastic. Also, Christmas music. So much Christmas music. I'm grateful for all the opportunities I'll have to sing Christmas hymns.

I love you all! I hope you have a good week! Remember, the initiative starts this week on Friday: 열심히 해봅시다!

사랑으로

Sister Chun

Namsan tower. Look at how close it is! 

I really like it when the moon looks like a toenail...

No comments:

Post a Comment